Thread: Overwatch

Blog Entries

Overwatch

I played the hell out of Team Fortress 2 way back when and Overwatch almost feels like a love letter to TF2. They do borrow heavily from TF2 for some of the classes, but they have added enough new ones with some interesting mechanics to make it feel fresh. I tested out each char last night to get a feel for them all then played a few of the random multiplayer rounds. I'm impressed so far and may be picking it up. It runs and plays super smooth on the PC.

What do you guys think?

-Zey

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Me, Kath, Ten, Idespair, Adella and quite a few others I believe have gotten it. We were all pretty happy with how it played at Blizzcon. I know other then me and Kath most have been on the beta.

I absolutely LOVE TF2, and still play it from time to time.

Overwatch has filled that void for me. Lots of counters from class to class which makes it interesting. I'm looking forward to it in a few days. Something to do on the computer until wow hits

It's very well made. I also felt the TF2 vibe from the game. But as usual Blizzard just does it better for me. I am loving it!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Kath and I will be planning on playing Monday at launch. Launch times below.
    4:00 p.m. PDT on May 23
    5:00 p.m. MDT on May 23
    6:00 p.m. CDT on May 23
    7:00 p.m. EDT on May 23
    8:00 p.m. ADT on May 23
    8:00 p.m. BRT on May 23
    8:30 p.m. NDT on May 23
    7:00 a.m. SGT on May 24
    9:00 a.m. AEST on May 24
    11:00 a.m. NZST on May 24

Blog Entries
    Competitive Mode? What do you guys think so far?

I ran through my 10 ranking matches then did a bunch of competitive rounds last night. I don't really care for the current system in place with everything based off of win/loss. It heavily favors pre-made groups, as playing with randoms I did much worse than I did with Quick Play mode. The longer match formats are fine, I like those. But I just found that I had less fun in competitive play than I did in Quick Play. Even losses in quick play didn't really bother me as long as the match was fairly close, which was usually the case. Plus if people bail out of the match (and you get penalties for doing so) you are stuck with a team that is short players for the rest of the match... The new "Gold-Skin gun" currency they have come up with is a bit silly too. 300 points for a gun skin and you get 1 point for a match win... just silly. At my roughly 50% win rate that would mean around 600 competitive matches (but probably more like 700-800), so yeah that isn't happening! heh heh

Blog Entries
    Competitive Mode? What do you guys think so far?

I ran through my 10 ranking matches then did a bunch of competitive rounds last night. I don't really care for the current system in place with everything based off of win/loss. It heavily favors pre-made groups, as playing with randoms I did much worse than I did with Quick Play mode. The longer match formats are fine, I like those. But I just found that I had less fun in competitive play than I did in Quick Play. Even losses in quick play didn't really bother me as long as the match was fairly close, which was usually the case. Plus if people bail out of the match (and you get penalties for doing so) you are stuck with a team that is short players for the rest of the match... The new "Gold-Skin gun" currency they have come up with is a bit silly too. 300 points for a gun skin and you get 1 point for a match win... just silly. At my roughly 50% win rate that would mean around 600 competitive matches (but probably more like 700-800), so yeah that isn't happening! heh heh