Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *tap* *tap* *tap* this thing on?

*tap* *tap* *tap* this thing on?

Hai! That is all...

How do you do?

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrae View Post
    Hai! That is all...
    LAME!!!! and whats up

Not much.. cursing yard work! playing the division, having the itch to build a new pc.

Blog Entries
    Heya Kath!

0/ how goes it kath!!
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

@Zey what have you been up to?

@Elk you participating in that huge war in eve?

Any of you guys pick up any of the VR headsets? Entertaining the idea but want to try a it out first before I shell out the $$$, one more $ for good measure. The concept seems really neat and the reviews seem pretty positive. My thought is that everything that is currently out is pretty much basically elaborate tech demos and I don't see any kill apps for it yet. I have a buddy that purchased the rift and is waiting for it to get to him next month that I want to try out.

Blog Entries
    Doing well, have pulled myself away from MMO's for a while to play through my library of unplayed games on the XBOne and Steam. Damn Humble Bundles filling up my collection with a few really good games and a bunch of old/weird ones, heh heh. And the Free With Gold games on the XBOne/360 are surprisingly good sometimes. Being a member of the "more games than time to play them" club makes it a slow process

I'm excited for the new realm of VR, I think they are getting really close but the current iteration falls squarely into the high-end, early adopter range. I mean you need at least a $900-1K PC in addition to the $600 for the unit. Then with the limited supported titles, it just isn't worth it right now (for me at least). I've got the PC to run it, but still not worth it. I'm sure the tech is amazing and the reviews are promising, but there just isn't enough content for it yet. Sony has said that their PS4 headset will be around $400, that is getting a little closer to the right price for the tech I think. But the history of console peripherals is spotty at best. If the software support is there and the prices come down a little bit I think they will see a broader appeal. They really need to make them wireless also, being tethered and having to clear out an area so you don't trip over your furniture are still issues. It is still early in the life of the tech though, they have come a long way in the last few years!

It seems like technology that would be suited for an arcade instead of home right now. I'd rather go to one of those new chain (or local) bar/arcade places and plop down $5-10 to play it a few times than spend the $600 on it.

.... I'm baaack ..... started yet a another pally, Psimon (in honor of my black rescue dog Simon...) .... finished leveling it to 100 just last week or so... game sure has changed in the years since I last seriously played . . . my daughter (now ending freshman year at college 2600 miles away) has evolved into a crazed Wow player with 8 or so lvl 100's, says it helps her keep sane with pressures of school and such... guess apples don't fall too far ..

As for me, still in sunny Arizona, working for a German company with typically teutonic senses (substitute arrogant, zenophobic, world dominating . . ). . . always hoping for a new job anywhere else. . .

Hope to tinker around in Wow between now and expansion and re-learn the game . . . presently prot/ret but prot seems a world different than years past . . . . still trying to re-create a new UI . . . and re-gear well enough to survive... any advice on either would always be appreciated ... hope to see ya all in game...

-Card
    Cardinal, .. the ancient one - Hoss '99 - Last of the Founders . . .

Hey

Blog Entries
    Hey Card!!
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Heyas Card.. Haven't touched WoW in forever and honestly haven't really felt the itch. I do miss playing with the guild and that would be the only draw for me to get back into WoW. The wife keeps me busy so I can't really have a set play schedule like I used to which kinda doesn't really work for MMO's

@Zey, I'm hoping to try out the rift this month, assuming my buddy gets his. Seems like they're having shortages and not able to meet pre-order demands.

Blog Entries
    Kath, let me know what you think of the Oculus Rift if you get a chance to try it.

And Hey Card!!! Hope to see you around in WoW sometime!

Hi Mys!

No desire to play MMOs at this time still. Just got a new puppy a couple of months ago so that takes up a lot of time. Kids are doing great. The twins are going to graduate next year, and my oldest is doing great at college. Life is good!
    Last edited by Tenelen; 04-11-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Has anyone seen my pants?

I'm wearing said pants this very moment, they're a bit worn though. So if you've got a new pair I'm in dire need.

/SK
    /aed

Been playing Black Desert lately. Its fun and mostly free!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Been playing Black Desert lately. Its fun and mostly free!
    The game looks pretty, but being an asian mmo makes me wary to it having played lineage and lineage 2. Both games were pretty but definitely a grind fest.

Old School
    Hi! Not playing anything (except this these things they make me play at work). Working on new and improved game AI to make all of your lives more miserable (it's getting to the point now where I have to make them dumber to make the player competitive...you guys need to get better and participate in our play tests -- making NPCs blind and deaf isn't very fun). Last game was Rise of the Tomb Raider (I was lead AI, as usual).

Scrith,
    Where's my copy of Nascar Rumble?