Thread: Destiny 2

Destiny 2

You all want some spoilers for Destiny 2? I won't...lol

Without going into the story at all, the graphics are beautiful. Worlds seem a bit smaller, but made some nice upgrades to move around quickly (you can fast travel between safe places). It makes getting to public events MUCH faster (which you will want to do a lot of them).

Honestly haven't attempted a nightfall, but some buddies tried one and said it was brutal (granted they probably weren't high enough in light level yet).

Interesting Crucible maps and changes to the supers that really make it fun.

Some new exotics and quite a few old ones with tweaks to them. Multi Midi Tool for an example (as others) have a companion weapon with them. You get bonuses when both are equipped, so remember to read the legendary weapon bonuses carefully!! Haven't seen anything similar in armor yet, but there might be...

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Only a little under a month and a half for us PC players...

Hoss Officer / WoW
    A story review of Destiny 1 to prep people who may not now all the story stuff about Destiny going into 2.

Blog Entries
    I have my warlock up to 255 power and hope to have her over 265 within the next few days. We need to get some Nightfall strikes in this week. Not sure about the raid, I haven't seen anything for it yet.

I'm tied up tonight and tomorrow night, but am planning to play on Thursday and possibly Friday night this week if other are going to be around. This weekend is fairly open too.

-Zey

Blog Entries
    Looks like the raid launches this week, tomorrow to be exact.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    My lock is 266 but I won't be around after Wed cause of blizzcon. Will be home Sunday afternoon though so I can probably do something Sun and or Mon nights.

Blog Entries
    Well the game has been pretty fun so far, there is a bit more variety than there was in Destiny 1 for end-game content. It still ends up being pretty grindy though, especially when you hit certain power level plateaus. I've been stuck at 275 for a couple days now, seems like getting up over 280 requires Nightfall strikes, the Leviathan Raid, and "Powerful Reward" quests. Nightfalls don't seem too difficult, I tried to solo it and made it to the final boss before running out of time.

They have a group finder-ish thing built in for Nightfalls, but you can't be doing anything else while waiting on a group, so I haven't messed with it yet. We have so few people playing ever, that we might need to look at some of the group finder websites to get the raid going.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Yea, I'll be on tonight if you wanna try some Nightfalls.

Blog Entries
    Lot of nice quality of life improvements with the Curse of Osiris expansion. Plus with the changed loot drop item levels, i'm leveling up much faster than before. I'm already at 305 light (was at 295).

We should take another stab at the raid this week, I can be available pretty much any evening the rest of this week except Sunday.

-Zey

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Xur's selling Prometheus Lens go buy that now peoples enjoy its uber broken goodness before its fixed.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Zey would you wanna try Leviathan tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    Xur's selling Prometheus Lens go buy that now peoples enjoy its uber broken goodness before its fixed.
    Is Prometheus Lens better than Coldheart? I noticed it shoots shower, I'm guessing slower is better?

Blog Entries
    Yeah Valdis, I'll be around tonight (Monday), we should try to scrounge together a raid.

Prometheus Lens doesn't have the stacking damage effect that Coldheart does, but with the auto reload on kills, it makes it an add killing machine that you never have to reload. Oh and it totally unbalances Crucible, I did my matches for the weekly quest and nearly everyone was using it. In PvP it pretty much outclasses any other weapon at short-mid ranges. Like Valdis said, enjoy it while you can, as I'm sure it will be getting some nerfs very soon.

Hoss/WoW
    i heard that some warlock spec you can do the big damage move over and over in pvp

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Yea locks in mayhem can spam the slow nova over and over with a glitch. Most of the time its not useful to winning the match though.