Thread: Rotation Guidelines

Rotation Guidelines

No particular order - but this is what has been agreed upon.

I. Adding a New rotation:

a. New Mobs: The guild or guilds that have solely been accomplishing a mob will start out the rotation. As each new guild decides to try thier hand at the mob, thier name is added with a "join date". The new Joiner is added in the spot of the current rotation but must wait one full rotation before being "up" for the spawn.

b. Old Mobs: When postings for a mob become out of control (ie - booked for a month of spawns), or otherwise appear to be greatly "wanted", the mob can be placed on the rotation schedule. The guild who last killed the mob goes first with the date of last kill, followed by the rest of the IGB members who are interested in no particular order.

II. Skipping Rotation

Any guild who takes a mob out of the normal rotation will be noted to have "skipped rotation" with the date of kill. They will then have been considered to have already had thier turn in that rotation and will not get another turn on the date that they are actually "up". Further consequences for repeating this action have not yet been discussed.

III. Failing Rotation

Every guild has a choice to either take or pass the mob on thier rotation. Sometimes a guild is unable to complete the kill and thus is considered to ave "failed". If a guild fails or passes 3 times in a row - they must then sit out the next full rotation before trying again. If a guild knows they will be passing - it is requested that they let the next guild know as early as possible - so as not to waste a spawn day.

IV. Getting Help

This one is kinda hazy - I THINK we decided that more than 5 people from another guild at a raid is considered to be "help."
    If a guild gets obvious help from another the 2 guilds need to claim only one spot in the rotation (ie - pass on the other guilds rotated spot). I'm not sure we ever came to a full agreement on this one.

V. Time

A guild has a reasonable amount of time to finish a mob without being "rushed" before the next guild in line can step in place. Basically this means that a guild can't try for 4 hours on Monday night and then post that they are still going to try some more on Tuesday. If the force of the guild leaves the zone (death doesn't count), then they are considered to have "failed" and the next guild in line can step in the following day. "Reasonable amount of time" varies - but basically a guild has until the end of the current day to complete the spawn.

That is all I can remember - did I miss anything?

I think that sums it up. Thank you.

--The Unconscious

Blog Entries
    Bumping (and sticking) this thread for everyone's reference, since my guild was asking me about details regarding the CN/IG combined force on Dozekar this evening. The handling of that was covered fairly well in the following:

IV. Getting Help

This one is kinda hazy - I THINK we decided that more than 5 people from another guild at a raid is considered to be "help."
    If a guild gets obvious help from another the 2 guilds need to claim only one spot in the rotation (ie - pass on the other guilds rotated spot). I'm not sure we ever came to a full agreement on this one.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Well I wouldnt worry to much andaas. Doze is still up. GL on friday.
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

IV. Getting Help

You might want to note that getting and giving help on Ragefire is encouraged. Thus making sure he drops as fast as possible.

need clarification on something...

I wasn't on last night but it seems that some CN members went to help IG last night on Doze but the effort was a failure.......

Now since we weren't actually IN the rotation yet (waiting for it to come around) I didn't tell my guild about a possible pass on our turn.

When we discussed the above rule - we never got a firm statement about how it would be handled.

Am I correct in saying that if one guild helps another and it is successful - one of the 2 needs to pass the next time around. However if it is a failure - there should be no penalty because no one actually got any benefit of loot - just a little more knowledge for next time.

That is how I was viewing it - and want to see if we are all on the same page (or at least in the same chapter) before I repeat that to the guild.

Also I think each guild should paste the Guidelines post to thier own page so all members have an idea of how we work things here.

Blog Entries
    If 2 guilds intend to continue working together to learn how to kill a specific mob, then they should also share that rotation spot. This also poses a difficult transition later in the rotation, when said guilds decide that it is time to work on their own - since both guilds previously shared 1 rotation spot, and now will require 2.

The key point that has always been at the forefront of this issue was to not allow a guild to gain extra spawns at a mob by doing joint raids with every small guild on the server. This rule was originally created because of Hoss (although at that time, Hoss was doing things on our own anyway).

Regarding Dozekar currently, I'm not sure that Vindication is going to be making a big effort to do him -- they are on the rotation for Dozekar, but haven't made any real effort on killing him yet. So if IG/CN continue to work together, it leaves 3 rotation spots, with 1 spot that will likely be passed on more often than not (so 2 rotation spots technically).

This should be more than enough to satisfy everyone for now I think (well not Hoss, but we're insatiable).
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

ok - I'll get with THan and we wil get a decision on whether or not CN and IG will continue to work together on this spawn or whether this was a one time shot.

Again - This is just so we have the ability to add to these when/if needed.

No particular order - but this is what has been agreed upon.

I. Adding a New rotation:

a. New Mobs: The guild or guilds that have solely been accomplishing a mob will start out the rotation. As each new guild decides to try thier hand at the mob, thier name is added with a "join date". The new Joiner is added in the spot of the current rotation but must wait one full rotation before being "up" for the spawn.

b. Old Mobs: When postings for a mob become out of control (ie - booked for a month of spawns), or otherwise appear to be greatly "wanted", the mob can be placed on the rotation schedule. The guild who last killed the mob goes first with the date of last kill, followed by the rest of the IGB members who are interested in no particular order.

II. Skipping Rotation

Any guild who takes a mob out of the normal rotation will be noted to have "skipped rotation" with the date of kill. They will then have been considered to have already had thier turn in that rotation and will not get another turn on the date that they are actually "up". Further consequences for repeating this action have not yet been discussed.

III. Failing Rotation

Every guild has a choice to either take or pass the mob on thier rotation. Sometimes a guild is unable to complete the kill and thus is considered to ave "failed". If a guild fails or passes 3 times in a row - they must then sit out the next full rotation before trying again. If a guild knows they will be passing - it is requested that they let the next guild know as early as possible - so as not to waste a spawn day.

IV. Getting Help

If a guild gets obvious help from another the 2 guilds need to claim only one spot in the rotation (ie - pass on the other guilds rotated spot). I'm not sure we ever came to a full agreement on this one. An exception to this would be Ragefire, as it is in the best interest of all involved to keep this spawn DOA.

V. Time

A guild has a reasonable amount of time to finish a mob without being "rushed" before the next guild in line can step in place. Basically this means that a guild can't try for 4 hours on Monday night and then post that they are still going to try some more on Tuesday. If the force of the guild leaves the zone (death doesn't count), then they are considered to have "failed" and the next guild in line can step in the following day. "Reasonable amount of time" varies - but basically a guild has until the end of the current day to complete the spawn.

did you make any changes? I didnt read it but it looked the same
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

Just a copy and paste, and added the comment regarding assistance for Ragefire. Spekaing of Ragefire, any reason Naggy has been alive 3 days now?

Re: Naggy

Simple - Xorshaik quit holding open raids, and the resulting chaos is that nobody can pull things together.

VE is in PoF tonight. Once we are done if Naggy is still up we'd be up to helping whack him. I'd urge anybody who has the twinks or inclination to either do it or work together and do it.

The sooner Hoss and Seekers gets their Zordak the sooner we get ours
    Juergen/Enki
    GL of the Valiant Elite