Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: history?

history?

Do you guys have any history of the guild? who started? when did you start? How? why? Who are the orginal members? blah blah blah ...

I rember when I was a noob I saw a troll sk running to grobb and I never saw another person from hoss untill like lvl 45.

If you guys are to busy no problem but I think it would be cool to see sometype of history of your guild.

-zagzal

Founder...

I believe Jimmy founded Hoss. He started it on Sol Ro and was not able to make the serversplit onto DRo.

Well, he is kind of bitter now.

Card has/had a really good post answering that. I *think* it's on the Druzzil Ro board somewhere. I'll have to look.

Well the TRUE Hoss history didn't begin until I joined last September, to be honest

thanks much for the quick answers =) Like I said I rember when i was about lvl 5-or 10 I heard of Hoss from a RL friend he got me started playing the game. He would say. "Hoss is so Uber you won't ever see any of them" (which was true btw)

I also rember when I was a noob me and friends would say stuff like" I bet a hoss druid and Hoss cleric could kite Cazic Thule and kill him" lol

Lola, Torrid, Karendra, Syana, Sirensa, Cardinal, Storme would know much about the roots of this guild as a few others.

I remember when I was in seekers and we moved to Druzzil and Hoss moved around the same time( which was around the time druzzil just started) and we met a good deal of hoss members. They were very small at the time, but they were also very powerful and known to do things that were challenging with a small crew. I believe the raid crews they had consisted of 2 to 3 groups. Of those original members some have retired and some are still around . Atm I believe Cardinal, Lola and Storme are probably the oldest HOSS members that are still around. Edit and I think Karendra is playing again but I am not sure as I am not online

During the Kunark phase as ML and Seekers moved on to do things like Trakanon and VP. HOSS continued to do many server firsts admirably with once again small crews. They were the first to do things like Venril Sathir, the Queen in Chardok(As server firsts) and many others.

I could be corrected on a thing or 2 but I believe that's about right.
    Last edited by Zarxen; 07-11-2002 at 12:26 PM.

I copied this from our old site which used to be managed by Bewl.

"Hoss was founded on the Solusek Ro server shortly after the game went live. Its original members were friends who had met in previous games, primarily quake. for the first several months of final Hoss added members slowly, always staying a close knit group of friends. We prided ourselves on taking on challenges, on venturing into uncharted territory. We tried things with one or 2 groups that other people said you needed 4-5 for. Often we failed, but we learned, and often eventually persevered. Last summer (summer '99) it became apparent that in order to do some things in the game, Hoss would need to grow. Unfortunately that growth did not go well, and the guild fragmented. Many of the original members of Hoss reformed into a small guild. It was this group that moved to Druzzil Ro. Once here we added several friends from a guild we worked very closely with while back on Sol Ro, Phoenix. The Hoss that exists on Druzzil Ro is very different than the one that was founded in the spring of '99, but in many ways it remains the same. We are still a small group of friends. We still take pleasure in doing things with small numbers, not to prove anything, but because we see such challenges as the most exciting part of the game."

EDIT to my knowledge there was never a troll SK in Dru Ro Hoss until Buazag joined (and he wears blue!) We did have an awesome troll warrior named Xeet though!
    Last edited by Vinilaa; 07-11-2002 at 11:09 AM.
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

I rember asking him this lol

"Hey come here I want to see what you look like. I heard you Hoss guys got better then Fine steal swords" He laughed at me. then I asked him what did he look like he said like a giant red meatball (full set of BE)

Actually come too think of it, SK's were rare back then. I think Helminth and Vin were the only ones that I had known. Well and I knew leafweir a bit but other then that there wasn't many around back then. Nowadays there is quite a few.

Grand Assmaster Buazag Bonesteel's Avatar
    Not too many people were willing to slog through the xp penalty of an sk and a troll combined. Once they did away with the class penalties and made a few changes our ranks swelled a bit.

I do wear blue and grey but went through the red meatball stage as well =o

The Fat
    they are just figments of your imagination
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original

Yeah that's true the xp penalty made it rough and back then for some reason or another they weren't getting xp groups like some of the other classes. Actually there was another SK back then that used to hang with Vin a bit. I can't recall his name though been so long, not sure what happened to him though I guess he retired.

Anyway not to derail the topic or anything.
    Last edited by Zarxen; 07-11-2002 at 12:33 PM.

i think a incomplete list of those who were in "hoss" when we decided to movelog to dro is:
    Alcadizaar(clera),Lola,Elyria,Aalenu(xeet),Cardina l(mona),Vido,Pickel,Aularas,Karendra,Lydia(edric), Lronius,Parak(old Parak).We added a few people we grouped with on Dro then and when some of our old friends from sol ro from Phoenix moved they got added as well.
    we did stuff like Dracolich with 15 (pre kunark) and planeruns back since not much more was available.

All I have to say is the old school troll sk's . You guys should get an award =P I rember they said that you could get a 2 assling wars to 60 before you could get 1 troll sk to 60. I started 1 or 2 weeks after they took they sk penalty,

I know what some of you might think. " You made your class don't cry about it" but for the old school troll sk's, I salute. I don't really know any old school troll Sk's I can only name the troll sk's that are older then me.. Buazag, wavern, valgar,cript, and thats about it and I am not sure if they were 60 when they took hybrid cap off. But if you are a OLD school troll sk I take my hat off

wasnt there a paladin with you who ebayed?

and how about that vox run!

Strahd, Tolan(n), Greystorm, and Torrid also moved...

Altho I think Tolann quit 1-2 weeks after moving because he lost his original name upon moving (Tolan) and his account expired and he was deleted or he deleted (cause ive seen a Tolann running around)

Strahd comes and goes from what ive seen.

I could be completely wrong tho :|

I remember the day of the split I met Ely and Sirensa. Sirensa and I went on to become very good friends, Ely became an enchanter I instantly respected because of her knowledge / skills I experienced that day and through the conversations we had. Both are some of the best at there classes I have ever played with. My little bit of Hoss history

Ub

I gotta say...

Don't forget Averon =/ He's still a bish.

-Fiz

Hah, I remember day one of Kunark, I made a iksar warrior and was wandering around FoB, there must have been 20 iksar Sks with Dark Reavers and druid/shaman alts killing stuff there. Silly lizards =\

I had never even seen a female troll of any kind till I met wavern, no clue why xp penalties scared people so much. Valgar was like the first 60 Sk on the server too, crazy that it wasn't a human or dark elf. Not that human SKs were all that popular back then either, I can only think of one that was 55+ till shindar came along, somethin that started with a B. Full umbral and a soul leech, I was all impressed with him and Vinilaa. I remember asking her wtf was up with the darkforge bracer back shortly after Kunark release, then was enlightened to the wonders of Blood Ember~

Hybrids in general were kinda rare back then to my knowledge, but damn there was a ton of monks. My first groups in seb back then were like always a monk or two, and it was strictly bring your own group. 6pm pst on a friday and there was 6 people in the zone, Toska asking how well I could tank and then saying something like "oh, were trying gang with one group?" Funny stuff. I think every group I had in seb those days was like 2 monks actually.

Toska was the first Hoss type person I met, kept trying to get me to join when I was in the 3l33t Norrath's Untouchables, saying he'd be my spokesperson. Damn that was a long ass time ago. Wasn't there a ton of SoN members that joined Hoss at one point, I think when SoN shortened to just Seekers. That was the first time I started seeing Hoss tags in some zones, up till about then I had never even heard of ya'll.
    Rezz

Jesus on the dashboard
    Whenever it feels right

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    I remember WAY back when I actually had to control myself so those ereet hoss types would let me tag along. Ah, those were the days.