Thread: So what does everyone think of the UI?

So what does everyone think of the UI?

I think it's ok in general and will probably grow to like it a lot but..

Player names couldn't possibly suck worse, now. The font is way too bold and having the guild name on a seperate line just makes the name too bloody huge. I can go to a ssra raid with 50 people, have all models on with spell effects at high and get no slow down, but pc names on in bazaar kills my poor PC now.

The very bottom line of text in the chat window cuts off the bottoms of letters like g, y etc etc. Yeah this bugs me :\

Spell icons are nice looking but haven't you ever had to scramble to swap out spells real fast before? Good luck doing that until your'e used to the new icons and spell book

Having to move my pointer into the chat window every time I want to use my scroll wheel is dumb!!! Yeah most people will have multiple windows now, but why can't it default the scroll wheel to the main chat window if you're not pointing to any?

What's the point of the big black square of nothing in the inventory window? Just to auto equip? The entire inventory window centers around this big blob of nothing.

Inventory window no longer shows you how many aaxp points you have saved up, you have to click the alt advancement button to see. Bah.

I only played aruond with it for a half hour or so since it took me around 5 hours just to get online, so I'm sure I'll have other things to pick on later

Some of the stuff you're complaining about can be changed with mods. I'll post a screenshot of my setup later (if it ever lets me log in).

Great. Awesome. Uber.

A UI where you can change EVERYTHING can hardly be bad, can it?

Well new ui aint that bad but i kinda miss my old hitmodes (puting melees in another window doesnt feel the same) also might be a bug but i cant filter spells over group only

Ui given by verant sux using the one made by sean from FoH atm its a lot clearer/simpler imho

Am sure some geeks will come with really nice stuff soon tho

An enchanter with hitsmode heh

There's several things I've heard of that you can't do with the UI. For instance, with hitmode, you can't shorten the damage message anymore like you could with the old one. Ex, You slash Soandso for 50 points of damage could be shortened to: slash soandso 50 or something close to that. Also, some things like when a mob enrages goes to your melee chat box while other battle messages like flurry/rampage etc go to your main chat window...could end up with a lot of dead MT's cause they missed the enrage message...This is something that can be changed by Verant very easily most likely. ( I think enrage might be in the "other" category? like experience messages are...but I haven't been up against a mob that enrages since the new UI came out. )

Not being able to filter just group spells over to your other window may be sort of the same problem....or it could be that something just isn't set right.

I like the new UI...other than the bad color scheme of the default new UI I liked everything basically. There's things I want to change, but the nice thing is, despite things not being exactly as you want them....of course you can go in, play around, and put anything to suit your tastes exactly.
    Last edited by Maegwin; 07-25-2002 at 02:34 PM.

The very bottom line of text in the chat window cuts off the bottoms of letters like g, y etc etc. Yeah this bugs me :\
    This bugs the ever living fuck out of me. Is it fixable?

Yeah.. type in all caps shouldnt be to hard for you Siren. =D
    There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of god.

Cool site

Found this site:
    www.newui.technosapien.net/index.htm

On the left, there are a series of catagories that have different types of UI changes.

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    I think the new UI is a lot of wasted effort to provide little benefit (or negative benefit, since you have to relearn how to play some of the game) that could have been been used to just make the old UI better. For example, I'd much rather they just make the spell icons more diverse instead of replaceing every single one.

Also I find the new UI to be jerky as hell. The old UI was this way, but to a lesser extent. EQ is the only game I know where it's easier to move around with a LOWER frame rate.

Also when moving your character with the mouse in the new UI, your target can change when you push the left mouse button to move forward. This is gay.

One good thing about the UI: it is noticeably faster. I actually had a pretty good frame rate in shadow haven with the clip all the way out.

I don't know if that problem is fixable Siren but I find myself almost grinding my teeth over it, it's so annoying

targeting

Good! its not only me!

I've been screwing up the targeting a lot since the new UI.

circle around to bs a mob and end up having the tank targeted

I REALLY hope they fix this, b/c this could cause some 'broken mez' or 'wrong target' grief...

You guys are using the left mouse button to move forward? I think I'm more used to the FPS type key setup with AWSD for my movement keys ( W being foward ) so the left mouse button is only used for targetting and nothing else.

sounds like one of those is a h-game....
    -~-~-~-
    Rinna Celestia <Hoss(EQ)> Wizard
    Hiroichi <Hoss(WoW)> Hunter
    -~-~-~-

The Fat
    awsd rocks except i had to remap my sit to cntrl+z
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original