Thread: eq2?

eq2?

I was wondering how many of you will be playing EQ2? I cant wait for it to come out. I wasnt in EQ beta nor did I play for the first year or so. I started around the time velious came out but played 18 hours a day for almost 2 years. I love the idea of starting fresh with a new EQ and not haveing to play so much just to catch up to other people in skill, gear, and levels. I have quit my EQ addiction as it was destroying my life like any other drug does, but I look forward to playing EQ2 as it will hopefully be more of a random drop and not camping 1 rare spawn type of game.(2 weeks for quillimane sucked, and I wouldnt be able to do it today)

I may 2box the day of release and be a faithful (but not too hardcore) 5pm to 10pm player 6 days a week. I was wondering how many of you will be playing (hoss or non hoss, becouse everyone reads these boards) I hopefully will have L337 beta infoz as I hear I may be a beta tester. (dont ask)

I also have another question ... is there ANY real site with the lore of EQ documented? I will be following EQ2's history/lore closely as I rushed through EQ and missed what I look back on now as what was a great plot.... at the time all I cared about was pressing the attack button on some helpless mob.

stratos retired newb paly

hrmm

I know VI has EQ Lore somewhere on one of there pages.

I know i will be playing EQ2.
    In the EQOA Beta also ~. Doesnt look that great.
    Why do all current MMOs suck?

Hoss / EQ
    i pray that none of these new mmorpgs give the players an option to 2 box. however they probably don't care. it's just another 15$ a month. it would take to much thought to create a world where ppl would activitly be playing. it's nice to know ppl are going to start those buffbotts and pl accounts early!

*btw this is by no means a flame to the poster. it is an issue i just reallized that i feel the mmorpg community needs to fix*

ages ago when i played you could find hours worth of eqlore on the safehouse msgboards

im not going to 2box to powerlevel, but it is much easier to get around if you have the attributes of 2 classes. wiz/paly cler/paly necro/clr were awesome combo's in EQ. I could fight my way from EW to WW and not have to worry as much, just for an example.

stratos newb paly
    stratos newb paly

It's really hard to address two-boxing sadly. If they make it so that you can only have one account under your name, then it limits kids who want to play and have to use their parents for the card. It's also all too easy to just sign up under a spouse's, friend's or family member's name and bill it to the same card or means of payment. The limitations of removing it would alienate far too much of the audience to make it viable. Make a game that lowers the feasability of dual-boxing and it leads to a primarily solo play experience, which doesn't work in mmorpgs too well.

I do agree however, people will be making buff-bots and adventuring duos with basically any new game that comes out, and while I really don't have a problem with it, it does have some adverse effects on certain game instances and lowers the overall "fun" that can be had in the game. Such as in EQ with a dual boxing cleric/monk or enchanter/paly combo in the bottom of KC, what would normally be the enjoyment of 2 people has become the enjoyment of one. It also reduces the communication aspect of the game. Grouping with 5 people and a bot means you are missing out on the interaction of one real person. Sounds trivial to most I know, but there were a LOT of super anti-social types who ran botts instead of groupmates for most of their career. That leads to poor play skills and little to no grouping skills, which dumbs down the playerbase as a whole.

But, like I said, can't really combat it without alienating a much larger percentage of the game's audience, though I would be interested if someone has a different way of looking at it.

Oh yeah, not playing EQ2 nor any intentions of trying it unless WoW really, really sucks heh.
    Rezz

Jesus on the dashboard
    Whenever it feels right

I was beta tester for EQOA...from what i saw it had good graphics and all, but it didnt look that great /shrug