Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lend?

Hoss / EQ

Lend?

Someone said ML was killing him...could you post before you do this next time? I know there is no formal rotation on him, but I am also sure you know Hoss and Vindication both kill him....do we need a rotation on him too now?
    Where be my muffins =(

Think we should just start a formal rotation.. Vindi > Hoss > ML is how it is atm as ML just got and Hoss got one before.

Good plan.

Blog Entries
    Should probabaly do the same on Sontalak too now. Last 2 went to ML, Hoss/Vindication had been doing Sontalak previously. So either Vind or Hoss next, etc...
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Len rotation is find.

As far as I understand Sontalak has not been killed by either HoSS or Vindication in house, always together or with guests. Since neither of the other two interested parties, to my knowledge, has proven ability to kill Sontalak, the rotation will start with ML (next spawn Fridayish) with VD and HoSS to follow. (this based on previous rotation rules)

Also, I propose on Sontalak, due to his short spawn time, that we invoke the 3 fails rule. If you fail 3 times in a row, you skip the following rotation and may re-enter on the next round. Also please inform the next guild in the rotation of your intent to pass in a timely fashion. His spawn time is 2 days, every single day missed is half a Sontalak.

--The Unconscious

Actually Hoss has killed him in house, Vindi hasnt so stick us at the end of the rotation.

If your starting a Lend rotation I'd like us on it.

I'm wanting to give sont a try as well, not 100% on him yet though. There seems to be discussion about a rotation for him, yet almost every time I Head to ToV he's up.... Is this going to be a rotation solely due to the jealousy of one guild getting him twice in a row?
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Leafweir-ML
    As far as I understand Sontalak has not been killed by either HoSS or Vindication in house, always together or with guests. Since neither of the other two interested parties, to my knowledge, has proven ability to kill Sontalak, the rotation will start with ML (next spawn Fridayish) with VD and HoSS to follow. (this based on previous rotation rules)

Also, I propose on Sontalak, due to his short spawn time, that we invoke the 3 fails rule. If you fail 3 times in a row, you skip the following rotation and may re-enter on the next round. Also please inform the next guild in the rotation of your intent to pass in a timely fashion. His spawn time is 2 days, every single day missed is half a Sontalak.
    Hoss killed Sontalak in-house a few months ago. We started working with Vindication doing joint raids on him because Sont is just so much fun that we wanted to submit ourselves to that fight twice as much (kidding here, hehe, was just a bit easier to combine forces after a Lend fight and drop Sont too).

Sont's spawn time has been as erratic as Klandicar from my experience, ranging from 48 hours to 96 hours, we've seen him spawn in 24 hours as well (seems similar to the outdoor kunark dragons honestly).

No offense intended here Andaas, truly just curious.

Was that the kill when there were Seekers there helping you?

Or was it a kill using the now defunct Giant train? (I don't know if you guys used this or not, I just remember hearing about the nerf back when folks were trying to get the Scout, before the faction buff on it. Not sure it was killed this way on D Ro actually, so honestly is curiousity and nothing more.)

Either way, Hoss hasn't been able to kill Sont in house since then. Neither has Vind. Seriously, you and I both know you've tried it solo, which is the reason you teamed up to do it recently and split the keys or however you handled the loot.

I see there is a rotation on him now, which is fine, and I wish you good luck with him on your turns.

Hoss / EQ
    they killed it in house before seekers broke up. I don't think they used any giants, though I could be wrong about that.
    Where be my muffins =(

HoSS has killed sont in house legit.

lol

Yes, Hoss has killed Sontalak legit, with no outside help from either Seekers or Vindication. We did not exploit him with giants, we didn't charm Ionat, we didn't do anything that could possible give you reason to *exclude* us from being in the rotation. It was a 100% legit kill using about 40 Hoss. We have only half-assedly tried since then, because quite frankly he sucks and is one of those mobs meant to be Zerged.

On another note - the "3 times fail = kicked out of rotation" idea was SEVERELY shot down by members of this forum. Personally, I still like it - but my having suggested it even started a lot of ill will from certain guilds who accused me of elitism, not earning our kills, and being high and mighty. I am sure you all can well remember this discussion.

If we would like to re-address the 3 fails and you're out discussion I am all for it. If not, please do not pretend that it was ever made a rule.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    To clarify further on Hoss doing Sontalak in-house. When we killed him with Hoss only - we made attempts across 2 nights, the first night, there was about 6 Seekers assisting us. The second night (when we killed him), it was Hoss only (perhaps 1 or 2 unguilded guests were invited - various Seekers had asked to attend, and we decided to pass on their joining us), and we did it with about 40. This kill was made during the days when the scout quest had been changed so the giants could not be used on Sontalak.

We attempted Sontalak one more evening after that (before the joint raids with Vindication), and found ourselves losing to him after 2 attempts with approximately 36-40 people. It was at this time that we decided it would just be easier to work with Vindication and do joint raids on Sontalak.

Hoss and Vindication recently decided to take on Sontalak and Lendiniara on our own, and Hoss has had 1 evening of attempts on Sontalak since that time. We had 3 fights that night, 1 with 36, 1 with 33, and 1 with 28 -- all of which ended with him enraged or lower. I think we have the skills to kill him, and without an army of 90+.

Hoss / EQ
    seems its a moot point as ML put themselves first anyhow...heh
    Where be my muffins =(

Blog Entries

3 Sont's in a row?

While I agree that ML is the 1st guild to kill Sontalak in-house in awhile, I think taking 3 spawns in a row was an overstepping of boundaries, considering there are 2 other guilds that wish to kill him, and 1 other guild that has killed him in-house in the past.

And no, I did not agree to Leaf's proposal of ML taking the "next" Sontalak spawn on "Fridayish" as he mentioned. Primarily due to the fact that Hoss took 1 night of attempts on Sontalak last week (our first in-house attempt since abandoning the joint raids -- also, *before* ML had successfully killed him in-house), and then ML took 2 spawns back-to-back without even consulting the other guilds that have/can kill him.

You just flat out assumed you were the only ones to have killed him in-house. Personally, I feel that ML should sit out 1 round of the rotation to make up for this.

Now we're levying penalties for mobs that aren't even on rotation yet?

Whatever.

--The Unconscious

Guys...Sontalak wasn't even killed in MONTHS. Now ML is killing him, and everyone is having a stink about it. Sont was not on rotation, and he is now. ML is not at fault for anything here. Why consult guilds about killing a dragon that has not been shown very much interest in the past until now?
    -Selice Valorheart
    High Priestess of Mythic Legion

/e Points to Dozekar, Ikatiar, Eashen, Lendiniara, Dain, Yelinak, Tormax, etc, etc, etc.

No changing the rules mid stride because they apply to you now, kk?

BTW folks, like I said, I was just curious, not trying to exculde anyone, just getting facts straight about stuff I didn't know. You'd think you'd be glad I was asking instead of assuming. Thanks for the info though, good things to know.

Another point, to Inizen specifically:

Vindication killed Yelinak 3 times in a row, twice before a rotation started, and they started at the front of a rotation when it was made. Before you cry foul about ML doing this with Sontalak, look first for the precedence that has been set on mobs without rotation.

And no, Vind wasn't the only guild trying to kill him, ML had been there recently as well, thanks 1% health.

Yes but Vindi was the first guild in rotation proper, but more than all that.. Sont was being killed.. I think this all comes from some folks feeling like they wernt consulted or even asked about Sont.

As for ML staying out or staying in a turn, whatever, pls get Vindi in the rotation though~

They made it too easy to be kew ^^