Thread: Worst beer ever?

The Fat

Worst beer ever?

Thoughts?
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original

American is the worst beer.
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

Schlitz--that stuff is disgusting I don't know how anyone could drink it.
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

It was labelled "Beer" or "Lite Beer" and was brewed at the Falstaff brewery in Kansas City. Was Generic plain label stuff in Albertson's. Tasted like shit, but it was cheap and when in college I had little money to spend. It cost about $3.00 for a 12pack and $5.00 for a case. Who wouldnt drink that?

Nmok

Hoss / EQ
    milwaulkies (sp?) best..was pretty much like nmok said, cheapest thing on the shelf. nicknamed milwaulkies (sp again?) beast for a reason

Anything American and mass produced is total crap. American Bud, coors, miller etc. although I'm sure that 5 dollar two-four beer mentioned previously is much worse. There's also a Canadian beer called Lakeport that sucks pretty seriously.

Anything that uses cheap ingredients like rice and wood chips, is a total loser for sure.

Elephant

but.. If you want to pick on an entire country id say overall canadian mainstream beer much worse than the american stuff=p. Always gets me how canadians think they are beer gods with ther labatts blue and molson lol. Specially since alcohol sales is somewhat regulated by the goverment and they cant even get 98% of the real american beers. If its not a major distribution company canada wont have it. =p
    There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of god.

I'd take a labatts or a molson over a US coors or Miller ANY day. Might not be amazing beer but at least it's not wimpy 3.2 percent alcohol The government doesn't regulate alcohol sales in all provinces, probably just Ontario.

Labatt Blue indeed is shit, however very few people drink it here Rika. It's almost impossible to find it on tap at any bar, and even a lot of liquor stores barely stock it. And which Molson's beer are you saying sucks? Molson Canadian (I think it's the same as Export in the US) is a pretty damn good beer really. Nothing special about it, but nothing all that bad either.

And it makes sense to me that we don't get most American beers. We also don't get most European beers. And I am sure the US doesn't get most Canadian beers. I doubt you can get Big Rock beer in most parts of the US, despite it being extremely popular up here, and not to mention very damn good (I bought a variety case a few weeks back, it was so good ).

Actually Tilea, the whole American beers have less booze in them thingy is sorta false.

I believe that in the US they rate their alcohol content, by weight. Whereas in Canada it is by volume. So, since alcohol is lighter than water, a lower alc/wt rating is equivalent to a higher alc/vol rating. For example, I think 4.1% alc/wt is about the same as 5% alc/vol, or very close to it anyway. So most people have the mistaken impression that American beer has less alcohol content, when that's not true.

At least, I think that's how it works.

If you take, for example, a Budweiser brewed in Canada, and compare it to one brewed in the US, the Canadian one is noticably stronger alcohol wise.

The Fat
    I'd have to agree with Nexten. The worst beer ever would be Milwaukee's Best.

skol. nats piss. Like 2.8% or something.

although anything less than 5% tends to be minging - Carlsberg, Castlemain, Fosters, Carlsberg etc.
    <a href=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=219791>Luuc</a>

There is a few cheapo beers out here that are kind of gross. Lucky Lager, Old Style Pilsner, and Black Label to name a few.

They are probably the equivalant of Pabst blue ribbon or what's that other one called in the states reindeer beer or something.

I would Have to say Papst Blue Ribbon

If you take, for example, a Budweiser brewed in Canada, and compare it to one brewed in the US, the Canadian one is noticably stronger alcohol wise.
    Totally wrong. There are laws in some states for alcohol beverages to contain more than 3% alcohol they must be sold in a liquor store. They cant sell them in gorcery or conveinince stores. So bud and the other companys make differnt batches for differnt specs for certain states. Unregulated budweiser i know for a fact is 5%.

Looking on the label of a budweiser can purchased in Texas you will see that it is 5% alcohol. You hit my very point Eomer, its easy to harp on the mass marketed beers of a country, typically they all suck. Heineken, St Pauli, Becks, Dos Equis, Tsing Tao, the list goes on. However, you can't jsut sum up an entire countrys worth of beer in their mass marketed crap. Specially american microbrew beer. Our only competition for the just about every style of beer in world ratings and competitions is Belgium. To think that there is not someone or a group of people capable of brewing amazing beer in just about any part of the world is silly, and its more silly to disregard this. There is probably well over 25,000 types of beers. To sum it up by picking three of the worst and calling american beers all shit is rude. =p
    There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of god.

I would say the worst beer I can buy in Edmonton would have to be Club, Big Bear (7% 40oz, drank it all the time in grade 8), or Colt .45

The Fat
    /agree with Rika

Black Label.

yeah I forgot about Black Label. That stuff IS nasty