Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shik and Wyvern Spill the Beans

Shik and Wyvern Spill the Beans

Hot off the press...
    Wyvern and me got co writing on this project , and i finally got bored enough to write my piece, expect his within the next few days~

Dont h8 me and shit, if you interested have a read, if not, go on with your business, i'm just bored and reminissin on some fun times...

History Lesson

or dl the txt directly www.axg.net/rebellion/kk/staring_at_the_world_through_my_rear_view.txt

Shik

L-O-L-A Lola
    I wish vBulletin allowed you to tag a thread "unimportant" as well as "important" - stickying it at the very end of a forum.

Lola still hates shik I can see, will it ever go away?! Give him a break Lola, he was just posting something that some people may have been interested in reading. You know some former members of vindication are in hoss, omgomg evil kill kill kill, maybe they would want to read that and get a good laugh / bring back some memories. Take a chill pill, you do not need to critize shik about every post he makes.

No

Maybe we want to read Lola's comments and get a good laugh?

I still remember the day Seekers exploded quite clearly. It's amazing how quickly people stop listening and start attacking. That chat log is a perfect example of it. I knew things were unrecoverable when people started getting deguilded (not deguilding on their own). I even let myself get caught up in the emotion at times and said some things I now regret.

To me it's an interesting look back at the history of the server, and that event really set in motion the events that led us to where we are now.

Looking back at it.. I really have little ill will for people anymore from those days. Shik's (and others) actions and attitudes in game probably don't represent their real life attitudes. Let's face it.. this game (and other MMORPG'S) are a way to step outside ourselves and be whatever we want to be. It is afterall.. just a game and rather meaningless in the grand scheme.

The rest of it is also kind of interesting (to me at least).. I always wondered what happened to trigger the move of so many Vindication members to Stormhammer. They were very strong on Druzzil, with Hoss being their only real competition on the server, and yet they vanished nearly overnight after taking the server FFA, which has ultimately proved to be a great thing in the long run.

/shrug.. say what you want.. but I wouldn't trade a minute of it now.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Hoss / EQ
    that was an interesting read shik, thx! help keep my memory in place..

Memories

I remember completing the first two tov quests on druzzil, and the 4th!

Thanks stealth raid~

What Shik didn't mention was that this sort of thing wasn't new with this group of people or Seekers. (This particular time, that was logged, was the second or third time this had happened in ToV.)

The first time something like this happened was when Kunark was first released and everyone was racing to 60. The same group of people (core group I should say) did the same thing in HS. Was a source of all kinds of drama in both cases. The incident in ToV was just history repeating itself.

Funny how you remember certain times in your life. I was out of town visiting the in-laws, they don't have a PC, so I'm talking to Andaas on the phone when tells me "like half of Seekers just deguilded." I'm stuck in BFE Connecticut without internet access. Only thing I can think to do is run down to the local Radio Shack and log onto the Seekers board on the systems they had there to see wtf was happening, hehe.

Those Evil seekers, they are everywhere !

This is way off topic, but Zarx, what exactly is the stick-figure dude in your avatar doing?
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

Originally posted by Forty
    What Shik didn't mention was that this sort of thing wasn't new with this group of people or Seekers. (This particular time, that was logged, was the second or third time this had happened in ToV.)

The first time something like this happened was when Kunark was first released and everyone was racing to 60. The same group of people (core group I should say) did the same thing in HS. Was a source of all kinds of drama in both cases. The incident in ToV was just history repeating itself.

Funny how you remember certain times in your life. I was out of town visiting the in-laws, they don't have a PC, so I'm talking to Andaas on the phone when tells me "like half of Seekers just deguilded." I'm stuck in BFE Connecticut without internet access. Only thing I can think to do is run down to the local Radio Shack and log onto the Seekers board on the systems they had there to see wtf was happening, hehe.
    Yup Forty, but in Kunark it was slightly different. There were two main groups racing to 60 in seekers. Myself, Bodhidarma (and his two boxed shaman), Mutten, Nipp (Birgetta), and Obudan. We also used Shik outside the group or inside sometimes for additional DPS when we needed it. We pissed a lot of people off by grouping together everyday in what they use to think was hard sebelis. Mostly down by the robe dropping frog, eventually shroom area, then Howling Stones. This caused much controversy because the Froglock Bonecasters Robe was considered a decent robe, and well, we were just letting them rot left and right because we all had one but didnt want to leave to sell them. So mutten mentioned it in guildchat and people exploded. Was quite the controversy, but we all had a good laugh about it. The other group was Wyvern, Leann, Leen, Kail, and shik maybe? I do not remember this group as well. But they mostly lived in Howling Stones. Then there was Cinder and Brithrax grouping to 60 together, and quite a few other cliques I think. But it caused there was a lot of controversy in getting to 60. I think Lidea and her warrior made it first, then drakky? Something along there, I just remember I was around tenth. I think the ToV explosion was quite different from the Kunark 60 race tho. The ToV one was when Cinder was mass guilding and we really did have 80-100 person raids, and it was rediculous. So we got sick of it and did our own thing, which ultimately formed Vindication, ah what a great summer that was. Memories. As Elidroth said, I hold no ill will towards anyone anymore, it was all fun and I really did get along with most people, I was sorta the liason between Vindication and other guilds, not ML tho. God I hated Rohaise.

Hoss / EQ
    lol vini i was wondering the same thing !

Heh that log is pretty interesting, I wasn't online the day that happened if I recall correctly, logged on the next day and a bunch of people had deguilded.
    Duchess Vikki T`Valorous
    Now with 100% less E!
    2nd Lady Protector on Druzzil (FU Lola!)

The rest of our little group was Supa and Yallom, never shik. It is interesting to see how views on certain things are so different, even now after all this time. Much to shik's dismay, I have yet to write my perspective of events regarding seekers, vindication, and druzzil, but i may try to write something up in the near future for those who care.

I'd like to read it Wyvern, if you have the time.

Joo like meh avatar eh Vin /grin

It looks like he's sexing, but I think it's just a hoola hoop thing heh.

EDITED. HOW DARE YOU POST THAT FILTH ON THESE ROYAL BOARDS. OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!
    Last edited by someoldvindirogue; 02-20-2003 at 08:39 PM.

Officer's history lesson

Here is my personal history of Vindication and the like. I start way back with my views on Seekers, because its around there that the ideals for Vindication were created. Its a bit long winded, but hopefully some people will take the time to read it.

I tried to keep my rage about certain things to a bare minimum, but there are certain people about whom I could not contain myself. In the words of ciner, so sry~

YOU HAVE MY APPLAUSE FOR THIS HEARTFELT STORY, WYVERN...IT IS TRULY DEEP STUFF...YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, YOU'VE LED A GOOD LIFE. THANK YOU. THANK YOU, FOR THIS.

P.S. SORRY BUT MY CAPS KEY IS BROKEN.

Good read Wyvern. Interesting too that the person you sold your account to has been trying to play him/herself off as you. Going so far as to send tells to a lot of us saying "Hey.. I'm back" yada yada yada.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Well, I never met the person who bought the account, guess they're a bit of a gimp. Tell 'em to get a name change and to stop pretending to be me.