Thread: Ding! Level 200!

Ding! Level 200!

That's right! With EQ2, there will now be 200 levels! Imagine the spells! The dps! The...the starting over? I mean seriously, how well do they expect this thing to sell?

I was just curious as to your opinions on how EQ2 will do. I am working with a paper-played RPG company and the topic comes up frequently on our boards. I've never posted on this but figured this was a good place to start.

Computer Gaming World's newest mag came out and gave some interesting details to the game...some of which you may know.

-up to 200 levels
    -new class who gains xp based on tradeskills
    -new tradeskills that will only be able to be done in a "group" setting (see temples)
    -not only create items, but temples and other buildings too!

Sounds to me like they're trying to take a page out from SWG....a game I personally think is going to sell like hotcakes then bomb bigtime when people see the gameplay.

It also says they are going to provide the ability to play BOTH EQs if you want to at a discounted rate.

Figured a new topic other than pointing nukes at each other over Bush vs Hussein would be nice. Feel free to flame Sony and not each other.

Ryukami

Well, i'm not happy about EQ being 'replaced' by something new - but something new always comes along. Fact of gaming..there will alway sbe sometghing newer and usualy better. So even though we have all invested tons of time in EQ - we will all eventualy switch over, even though we fume and cuss the possibility - progress is inevitable. I will probably join the EQ2 bandwagon from the beginning...

Looking forward to it. Gods know EQ1 will only stretch so far. Another high end expansion anyone? Near end of luclin my guild lost people to lack of interest in the game, when Time is in reach, it'll be the same, quitting, ebaying... When you run out of content to kill (at least for high end raiding guilds) you get bored. Yah, EQ2, start over... But start over with *any* new game. Just cause its got the same gods and same lands doesn't mean its not a new game. Starting over par for the course.
    Pips Kwiek, Baby Mage
    And Nev
    Your head on my shoulders and we could wreck civilization.

My opinion is that I have no desire to play The Sims-Everquest-Online 2.
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

actually ..... they will have the ability to take it up to 200. On release EQ2 will only feature level 100. How do I know?= o Cauze we got l33t info at the Fan faire=p Actually that came out of a magazine =p but we did get to see the first live shots of the game in action.. graphics look pretty cool
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    Sounds like a mud I used to play. only in that mud, we could level more than once a day :|

Will have to see how it turns out. VI has a pretty nice reputation of boasting a ton of fancy features and then scrapping them from when the game gets released. IE: housing in EQ, vehicles in star wars, etc etc. Chances are it'll do well just because of EQ's success.

Hopefully EQ2 will force all SK armors to have a big target on the backside, for kicking.

The guy everyone loves to hate Vidmer's Avatar
    I'd prefer for pinching =p

says the man wearing purple....
    Mailithin Weighwatcher
    Veneration X

Grand Assmaster Buazag Bonesteel's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tilea
    Hopefully EQ2 will force all SK armors to have a big target on the backside, for kicking.

Why so hate Tillypuff

Obviously you meant all HUMAN SKs

Unhappy

Originally posted by Tilea

Tilea =o?
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

Yeah that was mostly Vidmer hatred, sorry

Besides, Vinilaa is a Palaldin.
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

Exactly Andriana.
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.