Thread: Having PC/Connection issues of my own

Having PC/Connection issues of my own

For starters i am on dial up =/ i generally connect at 48000bps or 49333 bps so least its a healthy connection. However when i log into game my PL in intense. At intervals of about every 90 seconds to 2 minutes, i get to about 90% LD then it comes back. MY ping side is usually stuck after that for about a minute at around 245 and Packets go to about 9000, then it goes back to normal for a minute or two and repeats. It just started doing this about 2 weeks ago. Never had this prob in 3 years of playing. THought it was my modem, so i bought a new one... still same problem

I know why its doing the almost LD bit, just dont know whats causing it. When it is normal i have between 220 and 250 ping but my packets are only around 125 - 300 where they need to be 1000 - 1500. I have tried playing with my datarate. Have had it as high as 12.0 and low as 3.0 (is at 5.5 right now), either way the packets are not affected. The only time this stuff stops is during a raid with lots of people so its laggy and packets are forced in, then i am fine. But if i am alone or in a non laggy area, i just get a headache from it.

If anyone knows whats causing this or knows how to continously force more packets please let me know. I get dsl hooked up in two weeks so that should correct the issue, but am lookin to save a few migranes between now and then.
    -Trev
    Tree Humper Extraordinaire
    Retired

Trevlen
    Sexah Gnome Mage

I have weird problems like yours after every patch on my main box. I found that by doing an /emote I can flush the buffer and force it to send a packet. So after a patch I will login to make sure I don't crash then do /emote ... until I can camp out

First, I would see if that will work. The next thing I do is reboot and run Everquest without the patcher. In order to do this, you need to go to the run menu and select eqgame.exe and then adjust your run edit window to read something like - "C:/Program Files/EverQuest/eqgame.exe" patchme no.

The patchme no needs to be outside of the quotes, it is a command line option to bypass the patcher.

See if that works, otherwise I don't know what to tell you. It got to the point that everytime I ran through the patcher, I experienced something similar to what you did. The nice thing is that if this works, you won't have to spend the extra minute running the patch program when you don't need to

NO I AM NOT A CHICK!!!!!!! Daisiee's Avatar
    I use 31.2 modem I own you all.