Thread: eq2

Hoss/WoW

eq2

hey guys a friend of mine wanted me to play some eq2 with him only i never played it any suggestions on a easy starter class. Or your thoughts on fav classes etc.. thanks !! Oh also d3 ill be there!!!!
    Next > Jrock

It totally depends on what kind of playstyle you prefer, but here's a quick rundown:

Healer -> Fury is a good mix of spell-damage and healing, good soloers to. Inquisitors do well soloing as well, although their damage is more melee based.

Scout -> Definately either Brigand (if evil) or Swashbuckler (if good). They are by far the best solo scout classes, and can hold their own when it comes to damage. If specced right they can even get some tanking done.

Fighter -> If you ever intend to raid in EQ2, you'd do best in sticking to either Berzerker or Guardian. If not, SK is probably the best mix of group utility and soloability.

Mage -> Most any class in this archetype are good soloers except perhaps for the Coercer, they're a bit tricky. I'd go for either Warlock or Wizard if I wanted to be a caster though, they dish it out good and are pretty straight forward to play.

If you describe what kind of playstyle you're looking for I might be able to help you further though .

/aed

Hoss/WoW
    I would like to wtfpwn from a distance and be able to hold my own on solo..
    Next > Jrock

Definately go either Wizard or Warlock then.

Wizard is fire / cold based, and have a slight edge over Warlock when it comes to single target DPS. Warlock is disease / poison based and have a slight edge over Wizard when it comes to AE damage.

/aed

Hoss/WoW
    Ok thanks alot aed...i think ill go the evil route.. Also any server suggestions? anyone from hoss still play on off time mayb you aed?
    Next > Jrock

Worth noting, wizard and warlock aren't restricted to either side like some combinations are, good races can still be warlocks, and evil races can still be wizards.

And I do play occasionally, but I do mainly on a european server called splitpaw. I do have a few characters on Unrest, but they're mainly low level.

You can send tells to people on other servers in EQ2, so you can reach me by typing:

/tell eq2.splitpaw.name

I'm not on a whole lot, but chars I play most is Coreel, Charyl, Corah or Corell.

/aed

I didnt dig the Wiz/Lock that much. But the monk and necro were awesome solo'rs. Especially the lock at higher levels....solo'd Unrest with mine. (till i got to the goddamned levers and had to p[ay some one to come in)
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place